Czech EFL

Let the Czech check it out

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Magic moments

We were talking today about work uniforms and my student told me in Czech something along the lines of:
I hate it because I have to wear it every day.
I swiftly put the expression on the board, repeated it several times and modelled the emotions by stressing the words HATE and EVERY. The student then, much to my amazement, said: "every SINGLE day!" It's an expression we'd come across before and I was so pleased she could remember it. I went all out to praise that effort and make her proud of it.

It went down all very well I think but I find it easier to praise some students than others...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    "I find it easier to praise some students than others".

    I know that feeling alright.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home